"This form of fishing requires only minimal casting and fly fishing skills but produces a steady stream of hooked fish for the anglers. When the guide finds a particularly productive piece of water where the fish are 'stacked up' they float down through the section and then row back up and repeat the process again and again. It is not unusual for each drift to produce a couple fish and doubles, where both the anglers in the boat have a fish on at the same time, are not unusual. We watched two boats on the opposite side of the river from where we were sitting, both operated by guides, float down and row back up a piece of water all morning long that was approximately 50 yards long! Their clients were continually hooking and landing fish and there was an ongoing competition between the two boats, which apparently contained friends, and they maintained a running count of number of fish caught and their size. [Which was approximate since I never saw any fish actually measured] They arrived about 10 am and did not leave until around 2 pm. Although the area they fished varied slightly during the course of the time they were there, they never covered more than 75 yards of river but they caught and released 50 or 60 fish between the two boats. Not my idea of a good time but the clients sure seemed to be happy."

Weird, I have thought the same thing about dry fly fishermen on the Big Horn. You see the trout so you know where he is. You see what he is eating so you know what pattern to throw. You see every current between you and the fish. Guess it's a matter of perspective.