Quote Originally Posted by branhap View Post
I have to agree Dub. While I love a good dry fly hit, the idea of having your fly in or on the water longer means more chances for a hook up. So I don't see how that is a negative. Just seems like another snobby dry fly fisherman to me. And we don't need any more of those right now.

Paul
... over where the comment about "snobby dry fly fisherman" came from ??????????????????????????????

It can't possibly refer to Neil and Tom Travis, as anyone who has regularly read the weekly editions on the main page for the past couple years would know. Those guys are two of the best, all around, down to earth, salt of the earth fly anglers on the planet.

As far as the passage that DUB quoted goes, man, I'm glad that there are people out there doing that so they aren't cluttering up the places I like to fish. The more the better as far as I am concerned.

It is hard for me to relate to folks who pay guides big bucks to rig up their fly angling gear and put them on pods of hungry fish so they can count catches and be merry. On the other hand, I know a lot of guides and I'm happy for them that there are lots of folks contributing to their economic health !! If not boring them to death with such antics.

John