+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tales from the Front

Default Tales from the Front

My good friend Burl and I just finished up day 1 of 5 days fishing the very north end of Andros, Bahamas. The weather was disappointing due to a low pressure system off the Carolina coast. Dark skies reduced visibility dramatically. We waded all morning and didn't see a single fish. We moved to another area after lunch and it was a different story. Still no sunshine but we saw fish. Schools, small groups, and even some singles. How neat is is to wade and cast to tailing bonefish. A thrilling afternoon. I caught 6 and Burl got 4 (all between 3 and 5 pounds) but who's counting. We're hoping for sun tomorrow but we really have nothing to complain about. I'll try to post more as the week goes on. Hey! What's that over there? It looks like a big bottle of Johnny Walker Black. I'd better get to work. (Hey RainbowChaser)

BTW! The hot fly for me today was Tim Tollett's Sexy Sixties crab pattern, a slightly hallucinogenic looking but incredibly effective pattern.

Oh Lord! There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING more fun in the fishing world than than walking the flats chasing bones with a flyrod. Making the cast to tailers, the strike, and the sound of the reel as it spins at a zillion RPM. I can't wait to get back on the flats again. My last one was in HI and went a little over 10. I'm hooked, I'm spoiled. I wish I was in the Bahamas, swinging a stick. Enjoy the JW, don't over do it, and post up some pics. Yeah, I'm jealous!!

I refuse to be jealous. Besides I caught at least 40 fish today. Of course the biggest was around a pound and I was never in danger of seeing my backing.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

That's one helluva day, Jim!

I stayed on the lake a long time for them. It was such a beautiful day I din't want to quit.

After 3 days our fish count is 25.5, with me holding a modest 1.5 fish edge. I've been awarded a half fish for the one that was eaten very close to me by a shark. What a sight being that close to the food chain. What a beautiful couple of mornings! I've never seen such flats! Pure white extending seemingly to both horizons. I lost 3 fish due to bad knots. I never do that but this was pretty much my first time with mono to fluorocarbon and very strong fish. Any hints about good knots for that? We're having a great time and are even being responsible with the whiskey.

I hope you had the camera running during that shark attack.

+ Reply to Thread