+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with boo rod......

sorry it took so long to respond...

yes, there is a rubber plug on the end, remove it, and low and behold a female ferrule... so it can be used as either.

anyone know a way to make the rod more "flexible"? i can cast 4wt without a problem, but it "feels" as if the tip isnt moving at all... i havent tried a heavier wt yet, perhaps later today i will try the 9 wt... if i do, i will report back..
    if every cast caught a fish, it would be called "catching" not "fishing"

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

I would first try a 5 or 6wt line instead of jumping all the way up to a 9wt. Interestingly enough, during the time period when these rods were made, as well as the so-called "production" bamboo rods in this country, 5 and 6wt were the dominant weights being made. This is NOT to say that other weights were not also made; just that 5 and 6wt dominated the production.

unfortunatly, i only own a 4wt and a 9wt, im not going to use it on the water, just the grass.

i just want to see if i can get some "action" out of the tip.

well that didnt work..... ive never had to work so hard to get the line to go... lol closer to a 4wt for sure

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

Do you perhaps have a fly fishing friend who has reels with 5 or 6wt lines on them to try on the rod? Or do you have a local 'shop' who might let you try their various weight lined reels to see what works best on it? They all should have a "demo" reel already filled with line for each of the various weight rods they sell for the benefit of the new rod buyer to test cast that new rod they are eying.

Good Luck!

+ Reply to Thread