+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VA Fish-in

NewTyer 1 Guest

Default VA Fish-in

Not sure how these fish ins work but any thoughts on having a Virginia gathering. I'd be up for a weekend meeting you guys and fishing. Give it a thought Virginians, maybe this summer?

I think the Old Dominion would be a great location, with the great range of diversity of FF available. You can chase brookies in the mountains, smallmouth in the large rivers, and even try for stripers and drum in the Chesapeake Bay. I dont know what is involved in a Fish-in, but I did attend an informal "gathering" in Tenn a couple summers ago, and it was a lot of fun. You have a lot of choices as to location and even type of fish. Waynesboro, maybe something around the Va FF Festival? Or, Luray has lots of activites and is close to the SNP and the Shenandoah River (is the Brookside Inn still open?). There is lots of campgrounds near the New at Radford. Graves Mt lodge in Madison would be great but may be pricey. The biggest hurdle is finding a guy or girl to ramrod it, I know I never seem to have any time. It may be too late to for this summer but 2013?....
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

NewTyer 1 Guest

Maybe a Fish-In is not the appropriete phase. I think informal gathering would be better, maybe some place central that may have a campground fot tents, that way cost will be minimal as we can all pitch in for two or three ajacent sites and sit around camp fires, maybe some drinking, or what have you. let's do a little research. It looks like maybe the 23rd of June maybe good. You do you all think of the date.

Waynesboro is the place where the held the SEFFF. I'm not sure of anything as far as campgrounds right there but there might be one a couple miles away. I don't mind traveling, if I have too. but, let's try to get some place as central as we can, Also, I would be up for some saltwater fishing. I just got the last of my outfit together and need to break it in.

Have been up to the PA Fish-in a couple of times or so. Believe me, nothing "formal". Have wondered myself about a get together a little closer to home so to speak. DryFlyGuy or BigDaddyRods (?) a.k.a. Randy, would be sources to tap in regards to some of the logistics to a multiple day fandango. Don't have to be structured - a place to fish, stay relatively close, and then there is the issue about eats. I'd be glad to join on the 23rd if a MD guy would be invited. I do own property in VA if that would count/help. The idea sounds great, like fishing - you don't catch fish unless you throw a hook out.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

NewTyer 1 Guest

of course you are welcome. The more the merrier. Where is your property located? that might help. Thanks for the reply.

june 23 is non-op for me as wife's 'birfday' is the 22nd...which makes it a birfday weekend. I'm game for meeting up most weekends but the farther along we get the more likely we'll be fishing valley sprung cricks (fun when terrestrials and tricos get going) or the Doah/James for bass. Can always do a 1/2 day during the week in the SNP with some notice.

Mike, sorry to miss you and Matt at the vafff. weather kept me close to home as did kid duty!

Marty

Property is in Carroll Cnty. Wanted a piece with a trout stream flowing through it...have a stream. Trout fishing about a 1/4 mile down the road - Crooked Creek. Not far from multiple trout streams and the upper part of the New River.

No apology necessary - Sunday got rained out, besides had to cut it short - mother-in-law passed away, needed to get home.

+ Reply to Thread