ive got an outback, and a revolution, have had them for 5 or 6 years i think. love em. use them in south texas to fish the flats and nothern new york to fish the lakes and streams. im 6'4" and dont feel that my height is a factor in either one, but i will say that the outback seems a little more comfortable. its more like a party barge than the revo is.

as for shallow water, you can feather the fins in shallow water but i would say that anything less than 12" and you should probably pick up a paddle or a pole. i usually lock my peddles in place with the bungie cord and take out my trusty ping pong/ maneuvering paddle. the ping pong paddle works so well for close quarters that i have been tempted to buy a truck load of paddles relabel them as kayak maneuvering paddles and sell them fo 20 bucks apiece.

i dont, and wouldnt recommend standing in either kayak unless your about half my age. they are both very stable, and when seated you would have a hard time trying to roll them, but as you age your sense of balance deteriates, and you my find yourself taking an unplanned swim.

have you looked at the pro angler