+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone front me a loan.......

I don't think you guys are going to see a lot of these boats up in pristine areas. When I mention access, I am referring to stretches of river that are surrounded by private land. Other boats are already in these areas doing far greater damage (and making more noise, more polution) than is possible to do with a Mokai.

I should not try to defend myself. You fish your way. I'll fish my way and as long as we all obey the laws and respect each other everything should be fine.

Tight lines (and no wakes please)

------------------
    Chuck Hitt

[This message has been edited by check your fly (edited 14 March 2005).]

Marco, A lot of people made that mistake.

I can't imagine they would be loud like Jet-skis--completely different kinds of applications. Here is a quotation from their letters page on the website, for what it is worth:

"I am able to hover and pick my way thru the sand bars and fallen trees. The MOKAI is so quiet that you can hear the calls of ducks and loons, and I am very hard of hearing."

Blog Entries

Chuck - Question , how loud is it compared to say a regular honda 4 horse outboard . Does it idle along really slow or do you have to keep it revved to prevent stall . Could you easily troll mondo slowly with it ? Here in BC the Province bans power boats on lakes and streams where they think it is necessary which takes away the noise issue and the damaging wake problems . I don't know but I guess they probably do that in the States also . If that is the case you are dealing with a jet boat on the larger lakes and a Kayak on the smaller lakes . I dont object to Kayaks .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gnu Bee

As far as noise is concerned, I am not sure how loud the Honda outboard is but you can compare this to the noise made by lawnmower. Idling slow is no problem.

Yes, we do have waters that restrict the use of motorized watercraft here in our state. And I'm sure in others as well. I don't have problem with that. I still have my kayak and intend to use it quite a bit.

------------------
    Chuck Hitt

I got the video on these about this time last year and really want one for the Chesapeake Bay and the backwaters. I could really enjoy chasing stripers in one of those.
    Frank Reid

+ Reply to Thread