Closed Thread

Thread: Watch those docs.....

Hybrid View

Default Watch those docs.....

Grn Mt Man's post got me thinking. A few weeks ago I visited my doc and he was concerned over some rising cholesterol counts anddecided I needed another pill to take. Ok, what is one more. I got my newprescription from the pharmacist and headed home. Once home I decided I should read up on the new drug I am suppose to take. 1st warning in the list was do not take this drug if you have liver disease. Well, I got liver disease. Called the doc and explained what I read. He got all apologetic and told me not to take the new drug. Watch those guys. Sometimes they try to kill you for no good reason.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stratton View Post
    Grn Mt Man's post got me thinking. A few weeks ago I visited my doc and he was concerned over some rising cholesterol counts anddecided I needed another pill to take. Ok, what is one more. I got my newprescription from the pharmacist and headed home. Once home I decided I should read up on the new drug I am suppose to take. 1st warning in the list was do not take this drug if you have liver disease. Well, I got liver disease. Called the doc and explained what I read. He got all apologetic and told me not to take the new drug. Watch those guys. Sometimes they try to kill you for no good reason.
    That's why they call it PRACTICING​ medicine.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

You have to watch those statin drugs. I took Lipator for years with no problems and then I had to stop it as my liver enzymes went up. Stopped the Lipator and the enzymes went back down. Just about everything gets processed through the liver so you need to get liver enzymes tested on a regular basis.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    That's why they call it PRACTICING​ medicine.
    After my doctor apologized I told him this was a partnership. If he didn't try to kill me I wouldn't try to kill him.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stratton View Post
    After my doctor apologized I told him this was a partnership. If he didn't try to kill me I wouldn't try to kill him.
    Now that thar's plenty funny
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Yeah, those damn docs are just human...
    Why is it a "laborer" can make all the mistakes they want and ....no big deal. A Doctor makes a mistake and it's now somehow a criminal offense?
    Laborer fails to tighten bolt correctly on a car and causes an accident/death...no big deal. Doctor writes wrong Rx down for glasses, nothing happens... Headline News!
    Doctor apologizes to his customer. Laborer gets a scheduled raise.............
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 05-15-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Laborers don't work on our bodies and tell us to take pills that may kill us. I had hives for almost two years because my MD changed the dosage on my BP medicine. I remember an acquaintenance I had in AIT working as a clerk typist was typing with two fingers. The CO commented on it. He told the CO that's the way I learned in pharmacy school it is more accurate, pharmist bury most of their typos.

No one called the doctor a criminal, and I think most of us trust our MD to do the best they know. MD's have a tremendous investment in money and time to become MD's. Then they work long and hard hours to get a decent ROI and keep up with the changes in technology and pharmacology. But we all know that they call the guy or gal who finishes last in their medical school class Doctor just like the guy or gal who finishes first in their class.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Closed Thread