Two weeks ago today was on the way to the kitchen for a cuppa coffee and told my wife I was about to pass out. Had been feeling poorly for about a week and thought it was maybe a combo of a sinus infection and my diabetes. She said, "NO!" I passed the kitchen and headed for a lounge chair built in to both ends of the living room couch. Quickly sat down and said, "I'm passing out now." Wife said eyes rolled back and I started shaking a little (she thought I was having a seizure) and she thought I stopped breathing a little bit. Was out about 15-20 seconds and then came back okay. Said to call our son and 911. Rescue squad was here very quickly even though we live in a rural area and one young lady was here in minutes as she lives just down the road. They gave me the usual stroke tests, smile, tongue wiggling, touch my nose etc. Transported me to the local hospital about 25 miles away. Did a chest x-ray and an EKG. Surprise had a spot on right lung that turned out to be pneumonia. Have had it four times previously and this one didn't feel like any of the others. Next, a cardiologist showed up and told me that the test revealed a heart condition heretofore unknown. Said something that compared to a 2000 test this one showed a "bundle branch block" problem and that my ejection fraction was a 35 as compared to a normal 55 to 65. Put me on a five wire lead heart monitor - goodbye chest hair! Next day consisted of multiple tests including an MRI, EKG, CT, EEG and another EKG. Scheduled a heart Cath. for Wednesday early that turned out to be a screw up when one of the residents or interns didn't come back with the consent form at 8: am like he said and so I sat there feeling worse by the minute as I hadn't eaten or drank anything sine 5:30 pm the night before. Finally at 2:45pm my wife asked the floor nurse to see what was the hold up and the Cath, Lab said I wasn't even on the schedule for that day. After some heated words the cardio doc form the morn returned with my consent form and said it was "a scheduling error" to which I replied, "Funny-when the nurse called down a few minutes ago they said I wasn't even put on the schedule.! he said they'd be right up to get me which finally occurred an hour later at 4:00 pm. Got prepped quickly and finally "tubed" about 5:00 pm. Took me off one regular meds and put me on two new heart meds and let me go home on Thursday after the Sunday entry. Can now attribute all those fatigued days for about the last year not to just the diabetes but to this newly discovered heart problem. Good diet last two weeks has already resulted in about a seven pound weight loss. Still have to limit walking too far and no big up or down stuff. Looks like the fishies are safe again for a while. All in all it was probably a life saving experience and lucky that I got pneumonia again. Sorry for the long short story; but, watch yourselves for any telltale signs of similar problems. First new gr.grand baby in the family about a month ago so I needed to stick around a while to watch her grow. Thanks to all who took care of me and thank the Lord for the pass.