Yesterday, Amy, went to a yard sale and she was looking for fishing gear for me. She called me at work to ask if I wanted to buy this spinning combo that she saw for 10 bucks. I told her no because I have spinning rods coming out of my ears. I reminded her that I was looking for some boo or graphite fly rod in the 6 to 8 foot range because my current graphite is 9 foot and my boo isn?t ready for the stream yet. She told me that the folks having the sale were going to have a fly fishing outfit there tomorrow ( being Friday).
This morning I called her from work and she went back to the sale. Sure enough there was the fly fishing rod and reel combo. This is what she found:
White River SCIV 8?6? 5wt 33 million modulus Graphite Rod medium-fast action rod, White River machined aluminum stock reel loaded with backing, Hobb?s Creek WF-5-F orange line, leader and tippet. Purchased from Bass Pro last year and only used a few times. All in like new condition. They didn?t even take the plastic coating off of the grips.
For me to buy this combo new today it would cost $169.98 plus tax. She paid, get this, $25.00! When she asked if she should buy it I said YES!! Of course I had to recover from shock before I could respond. Then I did something that really tickled her. She doesn?t have her own rig so I gave it back to her. Now I know I will most likely do most of the fishing with it but it is hers.
When she asked me if I think she could do well with this rod I was both dumbfounded and pleased. I reminded her that she only took 15 minutes to lay out real nice 20 foot casts with my 9? Pioneer series rod strung with DT-5-F line, leader and tippet. She had never picked up a fly rod in her life previous to that afternoon. What a great day!

------------------
Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!