+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mothers Day Rod

Hybrid View

Default Mothers Day Rod

I got contacted by a customer that I have built rods for in the past about building a rod for his mother for Mothers Day. I always try to take care of my customers no matter how much work it means for me so I took on the job of getting this rod done for Mothers day. Problem was he just contacted me about a week ago and he needed it in his hands by Mothers Day :wallbash:

So about 7days from ordering the parts to shipping. Somehow I managed to pull it off with a little help from my buddy Ron (Goduster) in getting some parts to me lightning fast :thumbsup: (Thanks Ron).

Blank is a Rainshadow 7ft 4wt shortened to 6'6". Seat hardware is nickle silver BUL5. Insert and grip are hand turned matching purpleheart wood. Wraps are metallic burgundy main wrap and metallic purple trim wraps. The grip was finsihed in Threadmaster finish to give it a deep shine. Also has single foot guides and a Hopkins & Hollaway stripper.

Steve

Another beautiful rod Steve, I am sure Mom will be very happy with her son's gift. You should put a disclaimer warning young husbands' that this might not be the best choice for a Mothers' Day gift for their wives. If old husbands' don't know that they deserve what they will get.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

NewTyer 1 Guest

Nice job Steve. I love purple heart but it is very hard and tough to work with. The handle is awesome. I refinished hardwood floors for over 26yrs and had to install and sand purple heat. Thumbs up to you and great job with the customer service.

Very nice Steve. I always enjoy looking at you work. I'm starting to get the "itch" to build another myself.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by NewTyer 1 View Post
    Nice job Steve. I love purple heart but it is very hard and tough to work with. The handle is awesome. I refinished hardwood floors for over 26yrs and had to install and sand purple heat. Thumbs up to you and great job with the customer service.
    I actually found that it was very easy as well as fast to work with.

+ Reply to Thread