+ Reply to Thread

Thread: colorado fly fishing trip

Default colorado fly fishing trip

Wife and I are planning fly fishing trip to colorado . We will be there in July and August . Need help what flys do I need for trout ? What are the best Rivers and streams?

Thank you standstall

It would help to know where in Colorado are you going?
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Blog Entries

Sounds like he is wanting us to tell him where to go.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Blog Entries

Right now, fishing is great all across the state. With little runoff, the fish are going to get spooky as the summer goes on. Most of the rivers have reduced flows and wade very nicely with little difficulty in reading the water.

It would be a help in knowing what parts of the state you are planning to hit. I might be able to sugest a guide or fly shop to check in with depending on where you are headed.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Blog Entries

If you are in the Estes Park area I highly recommend the Upper Big Thompson River. It is easily accessible along the highway and the 'bows and some hybrid cuttbows are quite willing.

with a 2 plus month trout fishing trip we are going to criss cross the state and fish as much of colorado as we can

Colorado is expecting extermely low waters this year, I would come early July if possible, The Rio Grande river is probably the most beautiful trout fishing water and country you will find in the US, You will probably need to fsih it before Mid July this year as flows will be down, Do you have a boat? wade fishing? I am not a guide are you looking for one, I can steer you to the best as I know many personally. Lake fishing? pontoon boats? belly boats? If you reply with a PM and give me your phone number I am willing to talk to ya and give you some very good advice.

Good Luck

For a 2-month fishing trip, buy Marty Bartholomew's Fly Fisher's Guide to Colorado. It will tell you everything you need to know and really help you plan this trip. If you plan to spend much time fishing Rocky Mountain National Park, Steven Schweitzer's S Fly Fishing Guide to RMNP ids an outstanding resource. Have fun!

+ Reply to Thread