I was fishing the spillway below a dam this weekend, primarily for Muskie. Hadn't had any action all morning fishing a variety minnow imitating flies when my fly stopped dead in the current. Great, another snag, I pulled once to make sure and my "snag" took off downstream. I wasn't sure what I had, but it was a heavy fish. After about 15-20 minutes that included several nice runs and me having to really put the wood to the fish twice, once to stop it from running into a downed tree that crossed downstream and once to keep it out from under the rock ledge just below me, I pulled in a 30" channel cat! Not exactly what I was expecting but it was a ton of fun on my TFO 8wt. I had a real hard time removing the hook and after releasing the cat I found out why, the hook was doubled over. If I hadn't been using steel shock tippet for the anticipated Musky I don't think I ever would have gotten it in. Other than one large steelhead it is my biggest fly caught fish to date.

I think that is my most unusual fly caught fish, so far. Anyone out there actually target cats with fly rod? What do you use to go after them?

------------------
Fish more, work less!