+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish - ins

Default Fish - ins

Would like some opinions on the "Fish - In" Forum. Do you feel that putting anouncements for Fish - In's into it's own forum has had a positive or negative effect on possible attendance?

Jack
    You can make your own opinions but here are some facts

Pa Fish-In 2011--10,000 + views- seperate from the pics
    Pa Fish-In 2010--18,000 + views-this includes all of the pics after the Fish-In

Pa-Fish-In 2012--3800 views and its 2 weeks away.

Fish-In 2010 had 24 members
    Fish-In 2011 has 21 members

Fish-In 2012 numbers so far---12

Randy
    Last edited by Bigdadyrods; 05-06-2012 at 01:47 PM.

If I was in a position that I could afford more fish-ins, I would be on the forum daily.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Seems like the "only" Fish-In that lacks volume of "interest" is the MIFI. For that reason alone, I would like to see , and not have discouraged, comments about it posted on a more obvious forum. The MIFI is in a bit of a "can't get there from here" location and coupled with the socio economics of the area in general does temper the attendance.

Mark

I have been to all of the MI-FIs except maybe the first one; that being said, I didn't even know there was a sign-up place until I asked. Even then I couldn't find it until Bro Jack took me by the nose and led me there. I agree with keeping it on the front burner-front board...never have liked the Fish-In ghetto, anyway.

Being in Arizona all the Fish-ins are a bit of a drive. But I still find myself looking at that forum quite often. One of these days I will take the time off to drive to either Idaho or Kansas (more likely Kansas - love that warm water). They are both on my bucket list!!
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

I have attended a few of the MIFI, and loved every second of them ... well, most of them ... save for the aluminum hatch that is steady on the Holy Waters. The hardest part of the MIFI is its dates ... usually right at the 4th of July. If it were earlier, or later, without the extra idiots on the waters it would be far more enjoyable.
    I had also noticed that in more recent years far less was said after the fish-in, and even fewer pictures posted, that could entice more people North.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Betty, for me the ultimate Fish-In picture is the mental one I have of you sitting on top of a picnic table at Gates Lodge watching Cary "being the heron" and nibbling on Cheez-Its from the box. If I had snapped that picture, you would have ended up being the Poster Girl for every Mi-Fi into perpetuity.

Ed

I've only attended the Fish-Ins in the Catskills. First the 'Fish-In' and then the 'Spring Fling'. Great times at each one. You can look into the archives and see many photos taken at these events. One of my favorite photos was taken on the West Branch Del. back at the 2001 Fish In. The woman was not an official attendee but I just took the photo and liked the impression:

Waiting for fog to lift:

afterfog1.jpg

I don't know how it will affect the attendance aspect, but it certainly hasn't been good for the visibility of the events. I think most people visit the faol and sound off forums almost exclusively and very seldome venture off to look at the fish-in or fly tying, or rod building forums...I hope I'm wrong though, but I have noticed that the Montana fish-in hasn't gotten half the views it did last year.

TT.

+ Reply to Thread