Thread: Fish - ins

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The MIFI is in a bit of a "can't get there from here" location and coupled with the socio economics of the area in general does temper the attendance.

Mark
    Mark

What in Allah's name are you talking about? Gates Lodge is one of, if not THE premier fishing lodges in the Eastern US. Located within steps of the Ausable's famed Holy Waters. There are more trout streams in a 30 mile radius that one person could fish in a lifetime. You are less than 7 miles away from Grayling with 4 or more motels, restaurants, fly shops, grocery stores, etc. Campgrounds are plentiful in the area also.

Where would you suggest that a Fish In be held? Downtown Detroit? Chicago? I know,after a long day of fishing the Chicago River, we could eat at a five star restaurant, catch a show, and then have a latte before turning in at the hotel on Michigan Ave. Fish Ins are held where the fish are!

I take it you have never been to the Idaho Fish IN. Talk about getting there from here? You are in the middle of no where. No cell service. No Starbucks. It is ALL about the fishing....well, and the social activites AFTER fishing.

Remember, all it takes for a Fish In to happen is somone to be motavated to start one. That could be you!

As for the low numbers at the MI FI, it is what it is. The dates were picked to try and time the HEX hatch. Earlier in the year, Gates is booked solid. Much later in the year and the fishing is very tough during the daylight hours and one must resort to night time fishing. Most people(including me) do not like that. It seems that everyone always has excuses as to why they can't or will not attend, and that is fine. As for me, I will be attending until this fat old body says na, baby, na. If it turns into a one man Fish In, then so be it.

Stepping off of my soap box now...

Brad
    Last edited by Kaboom1; 05-08-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields