+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Bald Eagle Cam

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Live Bald Eagle Cam

Hey there! Just wanted to share this with you guys. Alcoa (the aluminum company) set up a camera in abald eagle's nest about 2 miles away from my apartment! There are three young eaglets in the nest. I saw Momma lay the first egg earlier this year now they are so big! But not yet big enough to leave the nest. It is live and 24/7 and is pretty fascinating to watch. Enjoy!
    (The video is on the right side of the webpage, a little ways down, but it will play full-screen as well)

Alcoa Bald Eagle Cam

Karli-Rae
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Karlie-Rae,

That's a great webcam; thanks for the link.

Regards,
    Scott

That is way too cool, Karli. Thanks for posting the link.

John
    The fish are always right.

Very cool. We had a pair of nesting bald eagles here in San Mateo not far from where I live. Unfortunately it has been over a week since the pair have been sighted. It may be a case where there were no eggs or the eggs were abandon as they had no chance of developing. The last time chicks where hatched around here was in 1916. Needless to say many are dissappointed.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Here is another website I have been watching daily for the last 1 1/2 years on the Internet, nest location is Decorah, Iowa http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles also has 24/7 web cam with night vision. What is cool about this one, they attached a GPSS unit to the back of D1 (eagle name) and been tracking her since she left the nest last year. They are talking about doing the same with one of the three sitting in the nest now once they mature.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Wow! Another cool link. Thanks popperfly. I wish Bald eagles were a common sight here where I live in CA. They are a beautiful and majestic bird.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I've been watching the Decorah eagles too...keep the tab up continually since before the hatch.... worried some about the youngest....... born about a week after the first....wasn't sure if it was getting it's fair share of food....did you see how much that nest weighs....hard to believe.

Karli-Rae, thanks for the heads up on the Eagle nest site, way cool. When I worked the Katy Trail, here in Mo. I got to watch eagles fly the Missouri River, hunting for meals. Sometimes I got to see them setting in the trees very clost to the road. Those were the best days of ''work'' I had. One problem, if you stopped to try and photo them they would take off, so I never got any pictures to show my family. You and the new hubby take care, Just keep on keeping on, John.

Thanks for the link... My first time on the stream this year a bald eagle came over the tree tops and flew downstream from me. It was very cool watch...
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong..

rvrwader.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Glad that you guys have enjoyed it!

ducksterman - I was worried bout that youngest of this hatch as well - but he seems to be making up for the lost time and is smart about getting his fair share of the food!

Karli-Rae
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread