After tying on vises by Renzetti, Dyna-King and HMH, I've been tying on a Regal Medallion with the stainless jaws exclusively for the past four years now. I really can't say enough about the vise. I absolutely love it and have had zero problems with it. I tie in sizes ranging from #24 down to #8 with the majority being in the #16 though #20 range. Hook access isn't an issue. I've heard of the "shooting hook" problem but have never experienced it myself. The only real "con" that I've discovered is that on occasion, the material clip gets in the way, particularly when tying the wing post on parachute style dry flies, but this issue is easily remedied by simply removing the spring when tying those style of flies. I'd estimate that over the past four years this vise has seen approximately 4,000 flies (1,000/year) pass through it. It still looks just about the same as it did the day it came in the mail with the exception of some wearing of the black finish where my left hand rests on it. I've never tied on a Regal without the stainless jaws, so I really can't comment on those.

If you're looking for an exceptional well engineered vise to tie typical sized trout flies on and don't need true-rotary capabilities, I would highly recommend the Regal with the stainless jaws.