+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabelas Waders

Default Cabelas Waders

This weekend I discovered leaks in both feet of my waders and have come to the realization that I will probably have to purchase a new pair. I am not looking to drop a lot of cash for a new pair. The Cabelas RVG waders are in the price range I am willing to spend right now. What does everybody think of these waders. They seem to be a nice product for the price. But then again you get what you pay for and I don't want them to fail in a couple years.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong..

rvrwader.blogspot.com

NewTyer 1 Guest

Try one of the sponsers here or give Kevin at South River Fly Shop a call. He is in Waynesboro Virginia

Check out LLBean. Lifetime satisfaction warrantee
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Ditto that on LL Bean life time warranty ,no questions asked.
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

Lifetime warranty on $100 breathable waders? Yeah right.

I have a set of Cabelas Guide-Tech stockingfoot waders, which are about double the price of the RGV. They have a "fair is fair" warranty- meaning that if they develop leaks from a bad seam or whatever, they will replace the item. If you rip the crotch climbing over a barbed wire fence or grind through the soles because you're wading without boots, then that's your own dam' fault. I respect that.

So far I am completely satisfied with them, and just about all the other Cabelas gear I have. I've had only a very few product issues over the decades and they were always handled very well.

+1 for the ll Bean

I have the Cabelas Dry Plus G2 waders myself. Going on their 5th year and they developed their first tear 2 weekends ago. Nothing a little Aquaseal can't fix though.

My wife has LL Bean waders and she loves them.
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

I don't know if they are the same as the older Dry Plus waders but the price seems to indicate that. I bought a pair of the Dry Plus about 9-10 years ago. I've fallen into the river and into the brush on steep inclines. I sold them as used about 2 years ago to my neighbor, and they are still going strong. I now have a pair of the waist high tripple lined waders and I prefer the old Dry Plus.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I have an older pair (probably 5-6 years old) of Cabela's Dry Plus waders that I'm looking to part with. These haven't been used since I got a pair of Reddington CPX Zipper waders 3 years ago and have been stored in a closet. I looked to sell them last year and checked them for leaks, etc and found they were still in good condition. They are size Men's Large If you are interested shoot me a PM and we can discuss a price. I don't recall what I asked for them last year but I'll make you a good offer as I really want them gone!

-- Brian
    "My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy." Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

rvrwader,
    I have been using the Cabella's Guideteck for many years without a problem. Like someone mentioned Cabella's stands behind their products and the customer service is great. Bean's is also but I enjoy Cabella's
    Grandado

+ Reply to Thread