+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loose reel seat

Hybrid View

Default Loose reel seat

My buddies sage 99 reel seat and fighting butt has came loose and will spin about 90 degrees side to side. Does anyone know of way to temp. fix it w/o voiding the warr. I know he should send it in but he doesn't want to be without his indy rod for 3 weeks. Thanks for the help....Jason

NewTyer 1 Guest

If it spins, will it come off? If the fighting butt unscrews then take it off and heat up the reelseat with a hairdryer and see if it will slide off. If it does then he will have a couple choices depending on what it looks like underneath. He can maybe just put some masking tape, just to snug up the reel seat or do a little cleaning and maybe put some epoxy and reseat the reel seat but, my recommondations would be to send it back to Sage or see if Sage has a certified Sage dealer or repair person that might be able to fix or replace the rod.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ganderlander2 View Post
    My buddies sage 99 reel seat and fighting butt has came loose and will spin about 90 degrees side to side. Does anyone know of way to temp. fix it w/o voiding the warr. I know he should send it in but he doesn't want to be without his indy rod for 3 weeks. Thanks for the help....Jason
    This can probably be repaired without voiding the warranty. Sage calls it a "field repair". Call the Sage Warranty people and ask. 888-848-7243 They are great people to deal with.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Thanks guys, no the reel seat does not slide off, actually if you spin it one direction or the other it'll tighten up, but then that throws the spine out of wack and the rod won't load right. Ill relay the info you guys gave me, and thanks again......Jason

+ Reply to Thread