I use a furled leader for my dry fly fishing that is made from Flourocarbon. Much like the others, it is very durable, turns over the fly every time regardless of how bad the rest of my cast was, and best of all no memory. Now unlike John's furled leader, mine is a bit stiffer than uni-thread.

I have used it for nymphing, but like John, not my preference. I use a leader roughly the length of my rod. My 7'6" 3wt, I use a 6' leader. On my 9' 6wt, I use a 9' leader. For a dry-dropper or dry-dry combo, it is hands down the best thing for me since sliced bread. I get so many less tangles with it for some reason. I usually attach 2-5' of tippet, depending on where and my plans for fishing on the day. Tippet matched to the size of the fly by the standard divide by 4 means (ie. size 16 fly goes onto 4x tippet).

Unlike John, I don't make my own. I have no idea how to make them! If I could find a source for a threaded furl leader, I'd probably buy from them just to try it out.

One furled leader lasted me all last season, and so far going strong this season with no wear.

Paul