+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why?

Default why?

Why do we fish?

I just read a post about nymphing or dry fly fishing. I truly enjoy both. But real fishing in my opinion is going on in front of me right now. I'm at lunch, sitting next to the local city pond. On the far bank sits a man fishing with his son. About 4 years old would be my guess. They're using floats and I'm guessing worms for bait. I fish for the kid, even if I'm alone. Then I fish for the kid in me.

hNt

I'm back at work now, don't tell my boss. ;P i'd love to tell you the little guy caught a big one, but he didn't catch anything while I was watching, i hope he gets a good one.
    Last edited by hungNtree; 04-27-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: in case your wondering if the little feller caught anything
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

hNt..... I been fishin since I was a little feller... I, just like you, fish for the kid. When I'm alone, I fish for the kid in me.... That's the best I ever heard it put.... Thank You a thousand times for that !
    I'm past 50 now, pushin gently at 60, and when I get one on the line, especially if he's puttin up a fuss, big or small, no matter what kinda fish.... my knees still start shakin' I hope that little fisherman catches one soon!
    It just never stops bein' the coolest dang thing ! ...............Modoc Dan

I fish for the pure pleasure that it provides for me. I don't care if I hook into something or not, it's just being out there enjoying the water and everything around me. It's my therapy. I always come home feeling much younger and happier than when I left.
    CJ

+ Reply to Thread