Hello everyone! We have begun the process of starting a Trout Unlimited chapter here in South Dakota. As near as I can tell, South Dakota is one of the few states without an active TU chapter. There presently approximately 130 members of Trout Unlmited whose memberships are sitting in the "South Dakota At-Large" chapter. These folks are TU members but their memberships are not aligned with an ACTIVE chapter.

I am looking for any insight any of you might be able to pass along to us as we try to get our chapter off the ground...

If you are presently a member of Trout Unlimited, what things do you see as being positive about your local chapter? What things could your chapter do better?

If you are NOT presently a member of TU what sorts of things might draw you to become active in a local chapter?

Finally, I would love to hear from any of you from South Dakota (TU members and non-members) for your insight.

PLEASE, do not turn this into a debate on the pros and cons of the Trout Unlimited organization. I realize there are things about the national organization that we do not always agree with. We are looking to make this chapter a worthwhile organization for our local members working within the overall mission of Trout Unlimited.

Thanks.