Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
I believe I will stay with the Loop-to-Loop system for the present and on into the future.

That's great, if that is your preference, that is exactly what you should do.

I do not have the problems with it many of you seem to have.

I fail to see where many of us have problems with the loop to loop system - we just have a different preference, for something we find easier and quicker than the loop to loop you happen to like.

The loop on the line side eliminates any need to cut the leader or shorten the line to add more tippet material for me.

Not clear on what you are describing here - on my furled leaders there is a loop on the line side ( the butt of the leader ) and when dealing with tippet I have a tip ring on the tip end which makes it easier to change tippet material.

Cutting the tippet loop is quick and easier than trying to separate the loops with very fine and limp leader and tippet materials.

With a tip ring there are no "very fine and limp leader ... materials" to deal with or separate - there is a nice solid little ring to work with.

Tying a Surgeon's Loop is just about as easy as tying a Clinch Knot is for me.

I certainly agree tying a surgeon's loop is just about as easy, and not qute as easy. And after you tie the surgeon's loop then you still have to make the loop to loop connection. When I am through with the clinch knot to my tip ring, I am through.

Of course I am only fishing a single fly on the end of my lines.

For the most part, I too am only fishing a single fly. Not sure what this has to do with developing a preference for a way to do something that is simpler and quicker than the alternative.

I can see how if you fish multiple flies, split shot and indicators the Loop-to-Loop connection might be a much bigger problem.

A much bigger problem than what, and why ???

But for anyone who is interested in a source for Tippet Rings (Someone over on Tenkara Talk was looking for a source for buying them), here is a link to a source: http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.ph...iew&target=210
Not trying to be argumentative, and I trust that you will not take my response to be argumentative.

Just want to be clear that I don't consider the loop to loop system to be a problem, and I doubt that many others do, either. But I do have a different preference than you do, and I have a lot of good reasons for doing it the way I do - with tip rings.

John