to catch a trout in the state where I live, but it did. For whatever reason, I've just always gone to Wyoming for my trout fishing. They're my home waters, I suppose. Even though I live in Montana, I'm a good 4 hours from the nearest trout water. But this week I took a little jaunt out to the west and had a good time.

The train doesn't run through here anymore, but this trestle is pretty awesome nonetheless.

Day one was spent swinging streamers. There were a few bugs coming off, but nothing was rising to them. This was the typical fish:

Day two I started out swinging streamers and caught a couple of browns, but after lunch quite a few baetis started coming up, and the fish were looking for them. Unfortunately, my camera battery died, so I didn't get any pictures, but I probably caught somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen fish, almost all 'bows.

That evening I headed over to the Missouri Breaks to scout out the area for elk season in the fall. Most of these bulls had already dropped their antlers from last year.

Right off the road I found a sharptailed grouse lek. I pulled off a ways past them and was able to watch them do their little dance for a while.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out this example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn0adxxPwAw