Thread: "Nymphers"

Threaded View

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Like Tyrone said.. don't they all end up wet? mine do, at least the ones that don't end up in the dang trees.
    I love nymph fishing, catch lots of fish that way. I also love drys, don't catch as many, though. I've also caught a lot, and I do mean lot, of fish with..... yes.... worms... I release most of my fish anymore, since my boy left home, I'm about the only one who llikes to eat 'em.
    I'm guilty of bein an eliteist, though.. I think folks who fish are just hands down the best folks.
    I taught all my kids, and all my many neices and nephews to fish, and now my grandkids. Every one of 'em will hook ya up with whatever they're usin to catch fish, give ya some of what they got, loan ya or even give you a rod if something happens to yours, give you a ride home, share they're lunch, their beer, heck, even their whisky with ya. That's what bein a fisherman means and requires. And.. they'll all tell ya this about the dry vs. wet/ bait vs. flies/ lures vs. whatever/ catch&keep vs catch&release. It's what I taught 'em... "On the one hand ya got fishin' - on the other ya got 'ain't fishin' -I think I'll go fishin"
    I heard a story about a famous fly fishing author of old who would fish a nymph under a dry and sweeten the nymph with a little chunk of nightcrawler on the hook. That oughta set some a them eliteists up for a case of the shivers !
    I'm with Steve, and, I knew he was joshin from the git. And.. don't you guys start baggin' on my microwave popcorn either..... and, remember the tagline one of the longtimers here has at the bottom of his posts.... "Whisky will get you through times of no fish better than fish will get you through times of no whisky" Y'all lighten up and go fishin'....... I'll give y'all some nymphs, some dry's, and even a little nip if ya want one...................Modoc Dan
    Last edited by modocdan; 04-26-2012 at 07:42 PM.