+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Nymphers"

For the Rockies in Western Montana and Northern Idaho, make that 7 to 8 months out of the year for fishing dries. I started last week and plan to fish dries almost exclusively through mid-November.

Might do some streamer fishing in the fall for browns, because that is just a whole lot of fun.

John
    The fish are always right.

Steve,

I knew you were kidding especially when I saw that popcorn bowl.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

dung disturber thats me .. I am back on my medication so please carry on as I do enjoy intelligent conversation
    and thanks Silver, as for names well call me what you will DUB, as long as it not nymph fisherman.. lol
    just kidding !

Be safe
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

The Lynchburg Fly Fishing Club recently hosted a "Project Healing Waters" event on the Duck River over in Normandy, TN. We rigged the vets up with Wooly Buggers and they had a ball. It was the first time for most of them by the way. There were a lot of happy faces at the end of the day, Both thiers and ours. So tell me about the rewards of "Dry's Only"?

We all have our preferrences and I agree whole heartedly with Tig.
    And Steve, I LOVE popcorn!
    There are many kinds of fishing. Tossing the "verbal grenade" is one that I clearly enjoy quite often and the results always add to the amusement level we have the opportunity to attain for the day. Some people are soooooo serious.
    And Jack H. You have given us the perfect example of "It isn't the fishing we are after."....dry or not. I'm sure you enjoyed MUCH more what you DID catch than the fish. And here's a handful of "atta boys" specially for you.
    ....lee s.

If I lash a piece of popcorn to a hook, I just need to know if if would float higher if I applied butter?

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

Quote Originally Posted by appalachian angler View Post
    If I lash a piece of popcorn to a hook, I just need to know if if would float higher if I applied butter?

aa
    Yes, butter is a known fly floatant. Cheese, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by lee s View Post
    We all have our preferrences and I agree whole heartedly with Tig.
    And Steve, I LOVE popcorn!
    There are many kinds of fishing. Tossing the "verbal grenade" is one that I clearly enjoy quite often and the results always add to the amusement level we have the opportunity to attain for the day. Some people are soooooo serious.
    And Jack H. You have given us the perfect example of "It isn't the fishing we are after."....dry or not. I'm sure you enjoyed MUCH more what you DID catch than the fish. And here's a handful of "atta boys" specially for you.
    ....lee s.
    I love a good "verbal grenade" too, but I always get in trouble because I am never serious about anything. In fact, the day I get serious about fishing is the day I throw all my nymphs, streamers, and wet flies away and start dry fly fishing.

I'm in the opposite position with Rocketfish.
    I use nymphs 90% of the time, streamers 9% and dry flies 1% (don't ask how I came up with those numbers).
    In the country where I live the tradition is to use nymphs and streamers, some use dries with good success when the conditions are right.

I would really like to learn more about dry fly fishing, I use them sometimes but with little success, maybe I don't have the patience, but mostly I'm not shure how to use them.
    It shure would be nice to become a popcorn eating dry fly fisherman

Dry or wet popcorn?
    Last edited by Rocketfish; 04-22-2012 at 03:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread