I would like to call attention to several false and misleading comments made by myself in the thread [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum1/HTML/005164.html:773af]"A True Chilean Experience"[/url:773af] originally posted on March 21, 2003.

I would like to publicly and humbly apologize to Jack Trout, Francisco Casta?o, and Daniel Sedergren (Outrider) for the comments that I made on the thread in question in regard to Jack Trout working in Chile, and the professionalism of my colleague Francisco Casta?o. Unfortunately, much of my misunderstanding started due to a language barrier between one of my guides and Jack Trout. For all intents and purposes, the events that occurred during their trip (as written about by Daniel in [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/worldwide/samerica/part7.html:773af]?A True Chilean Adventure?[/url:773af] were of no consequence to me and I really had no business in posting my comments in the first place. At the least the correct thing to do would have been to approach Jack Trout and Francisco Casta?o in person to hear their accounts first hand. Unfortunately I did not act correctly and am sorry for this.

I recently did meet with both Jack and Francisco, at the behest of Jack, and we were able to clear many things up. I am sorry that I implied that Jack Trout is working in Chile illegally. After my conversation with him I feel assured that he is solely working as an agent in the US, and his clients are being sent to be guided by established and reputable Chilean outfitters such as Francisco Casta?o, with Jack hosting these groups on occasion - as is a common and accepted practice in international fly fishing travel.

I am also sorry for any harm done to Jack Trout and Francisco Casta?o, and their respective operations, due to the statements made by me. As I originally wrote in my post and subsequent replies in the thread, I stand by my opinion that Francisco has by and far proven to be one of the most hardworking and personable guides that I have shared the water with. He is a true professional and should be in the running for anyone choosing a guide or outfitter in Chile's Lakes District. Everyone make mistakes, me included. I really had no right to criticize Francisco in the way that I did.

I would also like to apologize to Daniel Sedergren. I in no way meant to say that you acted wrongly by doing business with either Jack Trout or Francisco Casta?o. In fact, I did state in my reply that "mostly what I've said here is not your fault nor is it directly related to you. I am very happy for you that you had a positive experience and you are willing to return, and I hope that when you do that you again choose Francisco."

Finally, in closing, from one outfitter to another I?d like to wish both Jack and Francisco the best of luck in their ongoing joint venture in Chile. They are both good people who recently taught me a good lesson about how to treat others.

Best regards,
Robert Parker

------------------
Robert Parker
<A HREF="http://www.riosaustral.com" TARGET=_blank>Rios Austral Fly Fishing Outfitters
Puerto Varas, Chile</A>
[email:773af]rparker@riosaustral.com[/email:773af]