+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hook Comparison Charts

Default Hook Comparison Charts

I know there a few different hook comparison charts on the web. However none seem to be all encompassing. I have spent the last few weeks coming up with a comprehensive chart comparing the different hooks and comparing them to the hooks of the other manufacturers. If you are interested I just posted it up on my blog. rvrwader.blogspot.com

If you see any errors or omissions let me know. Hope this helps everybody out.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong..

rvrwader.blogspot.com

Well that makes things easier. Thanks for collating the data.

Regards,
    Scott

you've done us a great service. I have to carry two comparison charts with me when at the "big stores" when shopping for hooks just in case the brand and size I'm looking for has run out.

Great! Thank you, thank you. Already added it to my favorites.

Have a couple of additions you might consider:
    Mustad 37187 Stinger Hook (used frequently for bass poppers)
    Mustad 3261 Cricket Hook (used for many warmwater patterns because it's $4/100)
    Eagle Claw 066NF (2x/2x plated salt water hook)

When you get really bored again and have more time than you know how to use, and you understand how much some of us really appreciate your hard work in putting together the chart, you might have designator marks for gold, bronze, steel and plated. For instance, Dai-Riki hooks in gold produce a much different looking fly (of an identical pattern, than a bronze hook).

And because I teach English and am compulsive that way, everything is aligned except the NA in the Mustad column under Salt Water and Std/Std/Bend back

NewTyer 1 Guest

I know how you english teachers can be. I am taking an english class now. I didn't like it in HS but, enjoy it a lot more now because I get to write papers. Anyway, to get back on topic. You did an awesome job with this list. I am always wondering which hooks to use. Awesome job!

NewTyer 1 Guest

I know how you english teachers can be. I am taking an english class now. I didn't like it in HS but, enjoy it a lot more now because I get to write papers. Anyway, to get back on topic. You did an awesome job with this list. I am always wondering which hooks to use. Awesome job!

Nice chart-thanks for posting it. I also liked your SBS fly patterns.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBob View Post
    Great! Thank you, thank you. Already added it to my favorites.

Have a couple of additions you might consider:
    Mustad 37187 Stinger Hook (used frequently for bass poppers)
    Mustad 3261 Cricket Hook (used for many warmwater patterns because it's $4/100)
    Eagle Claw 066NF (2x/2x plated salt water hook)

When you get really bored again and have more time than you know how to use, and you understand how much some of us really appreciate your hard work in putting together the chart, you might have designator marks for gold, bronze, steel and plated. For instance, Dai-Riki hooks in gold produce a much different looking fly (of an identical pattern, than a bronze hook).

And because I teach English and am compulsive that way, everything is aligned except the NA in the Mustad column under Salt Water and Std/Std/Bend back
    Thanks Coach. I added those three and fixed the formatting mistake...
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong..

rvrwader.blogspot.com

Well Done, Thank You Very Much.
    MW

+ Reply to Thread