+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staunton/Waynesboro area

NewTyer 1 Guest

Default Staunton/Waynesboro area

Anybody from this area or Charlottesville want to hook up either today or tommorrow for some fishing? I can provide the vehicle if necessary.
    In return, all I ask for is a little mentoring. I don't care if it's still/warm water or Bluelining.

Hopefully, that rain we had re-charged the streams a bit. Hope the bugs (not the biting kind) are out and the fish are looking up.

Regards,
    Scott

If your down that way, the folks in the Charlottesville fly shop are very helpful...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

New Tyer1 - we will (planning) on being in town tomorrow afternoon. Think you sent me your phone # already. Will give a call and see how things fare. Weather looks a little iffy for the moment. Told the wife I'm going to the Festival anyway - if it gets rained out I'll go fishing - they are already wet.
    Mike K.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Mike, I will have my stuff in the jeep, just in case and I will have my cell also. The weather looks bad like last year. The news was saying up to 2-3" on Sat, Sun and Monday. I remember last year it rained like a son of a gun, I left and got home in Staunton and the sun came out and was hot and humid. I'll be waiting for a call. Are you hitting the South River or the NP?

Hadn't any real strategy, had heard from MrFishingToughGuy and I think he eluded to SNP. Nothing was/is set in stone. Have to wait till my son gets out of class before we can leave out - you're 3 1/2+ hours drive. Verified your number in my daily planner. Will give a call regardless. We're staying in Waynesboro.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Very good. I look forward to meetin g some of you guys. If nothing else, we can spend some time at the festival and maybe catch something to eat afterwards but, depending on how heavy the rain, I would like to try my hand at some fishing.

Last year it rained so much that even the tents were flooded out because they were sitting on low lying areas of the field. I hope they take that into consideration this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NewTyer 1 View Post
    Last year it rained so much that even the tents were flooded out because they were sitting on low lying areas of the field. I hope they take that into consideration this year.
    Drove by there the other day. The tents are pretty much in the same spots they were last year. Not going to be able to make it on Saturday, but am hoping to get there Sunday for a bit.

Guys, this weekend is going to be a major stretch for me as we're entertaining quotes and estimates for HVAC system replacement all weekend. Doubtful my wife will let me loose given our newfound money sink and the 200 mile round trip to the SNP.

If we get as much rain as is expected, either go high up in the SNP (as in as close to Skyline Drive as you can get), fish small tributaries to the major streams, or hit the Valley spring creeks.

My only chance is Sunday but that may have to be reserved for stripers in the James.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Do you wade fish for Stripers in the James? I have just set my self up with a 7/8 outfit and would like to try my hand at some. Do they hit saltwater flies?

+ Reply to Thread