+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broke in new Kayak..sorta

Default Broke in new Kayak..sorta

Picked up a new Kayak last week and finally had a chance to try it out seeing as the winds died to a tolerabel range. after several day of 40 mph winds the lake was churned up pretty good so i had to limit myself to back waters. With a high temp of 55 today it was going to be tuff but i had to get out.

Two hours of fishing and nothing. The wind was still 10-15 mph from the SE and made paddleing a little challenging at times. Glad i purchased a colapsabel anchor, the thing proved to be worth its weight in gold. Paddled to a quiet canal where the steel seawal ended and there was a big pile of rocks. Tossed in a brown cone head wooly bugger and nailed this beauty.

Not a great day but I didn't get skunked.

downsized_0418121213.jpg

Beats working, which is what I did today. Nice catch!

Nice fish. I just got a kayak 2 weeks ago taking camping with the family this weekend planning to do a bit of fishing in it. What make and model did you buy?
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

picked up an Ascend FS10 sit in. I like being surrounded a bit but the jury is still out. 10' is good because I can get it in my Avalanche and close the gate.

I have the same one. I plan to use it for duck hunting also. I mounted a Garmin Echo 150 to the left of the rod holder and am working on a crate for the back. I have had mine out 2 times so far and am real happy with it. I will try to post a few pics after the weekend planning on spending a lot of time in mine friday-sunday.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

+ Reply to Thread