Last June, I bought a 9' for 5 wt TFO BVK. I've fished it regularly ( in the neighborhood of 50-60 times ) with a variety of flies and setups, from straight dry fly fishing with smaller dries to a large, weighted stonefly nymph under a thingamabobber.

The rod is described by TFO as fast action, and that seems an appropriate description. But it also has a lot of "feel".

I generally fish it with a Rio DT5F line and occasionally with a Class II full sinking line. It handles those lines quite nicely, from close in to some distance out with a good double haul, with good accuracy at any distance.

Yesterday, I had a Rio Selective Trout II WF4F line handy and decided to see how the BVK would do with the lighter line. It handled that line as smoothly and well as the 5 wt lines I generally use with it. Quite a pleasant surprise.

The fit and finish on the rod are kind of okay, as befits a $225 rod. BUT - as a general use 9' for 5 wt, the rod is a standout. It is a really enjoyable rod to fish - takes a nice bend and has a lot of backbone. I suspect that the other lengths and line weights available perform in a similar manner.

Follow the link for specs.

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/pro...vk-series.html

John

P.S. BVK stands for Bernard Victor Kreh, as I recall from one article about the rod. Lots more classy than LK for Lefty Kreh.