It was a great time. The week's catching started off slow but picked up considerably. Lots of folks caught very respectable trout. There were more than several 16 to 18 inch fish landed and a few "one that got away stories." I'll let all the anglers tell their own tales though. As they get home I'm sure that they will ad them to this post.

The cookout was wonderful. Steaks were big and delicious. Thanks! Allan. Everyone got to try out Lou's John Deere rod after dinner.

We found a passed away deer lying in the Willowemoc. Les, Monty, Slic, Jerry and I tried for several hours to catch the trout that got the deer. We were not successful. Probably a good thing though as it would be a heck of a trout, and a tough one to handle on a 4 wt.

I got to fish Slic's Elfin...man what a nice rod. Thanks Slic!!!

My friend Jerry landed a sucker on a dry fly...were we surprised. I'm guessing about 4 lbs. We have a photo.

Every bug that was supposed to be hatching was hatching. Some days the fish were on them and some days it was tough fishing even though there were bugs on the water.

Evenings were best IMHO. One night Jerry and I fished so late that we sort off got lost coming off the river. Monty and Tony were waiting for us at the cars though so if we didn't show I'm sure they would have called for help. Or just assumed that the trout that got the deer got us and split up our stuff.

My best fly was a comparadun, size 10, 2x long, light yellow body, deer hair wings. It's chewed to pieces. So was Jerry's.

Charlie