+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thought you kind folks might like to know...

Hybrid View

Default Thought you kind folks might like to know...

Dee gave me her blessing to post this.
    Back in 2010, I was asked by Louisiana Public Broadcasting to co-write, narrate and "star" in a documentary on the Chitimacha people, my people. We filmed it that year and it was broadcast in Louisiana in spring of 2011.
    Well, the show, "Native Waters: A Chitimacha Recollection" was nominated for an Emmy (though we didn't win one!) and won a Telly Award, and is going into national syndication this month to small and large public broadcasting stations every where.
    The documentary summary and an extended clip (see the right hand column, third from top says "view the extended trailer") can be found at:
    http://beta.lpb.org/index.php?/site/...a_recollection
    Those of you who remember when I used to hang out here regularly may recall when I did two episodes of "Fly Fishing America." There's some fly-fishing in this, too, and no, I can't cast any better now than I did then! But it's also a very relevant study of a people's connection to their environs, and I hope you can catch it in your region.
    Best regards,
    RS
    "And look at Elias Wonder. Yeah, take a gander at that buzzard. Forty years ago he was happy, generous, charitable, tall, dark and handsome. Then he took up the fly rod. Now consider him. Uglier than fresh road kill. Evil-eyed, cantankerous, sullen, mean. An anti-social misfit that causes a groundswell of spleen wherever he goes."
    -- Harry Middleton

Roger,

Hold your head up high and be proud on a job well done!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Great stuff Stouff !

Glad to hear from you again sir.
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dyin. Dyin to me don't sound like all that much fun." J Mellencamp

Really happy to see you back here at FAOL. I hope you stick around. You have truly been missed.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Way Cool !!! I hope I get a chance to see it... If any of you know here in Va. when and if it airs on TV (I dont watch much TV so I dont know) please let me know...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Roger, that is awesome. I sure hope I get to see it on public television here in PA.

Thats very nice... Glad to hear from you again,,,,
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Hey Roger,
    Happy to see you back here on FAOL. Yes I do recall the Flyfishing America episodes with your slighjtly "rotund" persona featured. Great episodes, your casting skills notwithstanding. In any case, will look forward to enjoying the PBS presentation of this documentary.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread