Thread: Anyone else had this type of service?

Threaded View

I was in a West Yellowstone flyshop (Not Blue Ribbon Flies) and asked about Whiting 100's. They didn't have them I was told. Less than 10 minutes later, a young lady came in and asked for hackles. SHE was told that they had some in the back and were dying them tonight. He actually gave her the colors they were going to use. (It was very apparent that she hadn't made any prior arrangements with them.) After she left, I said something about it and was given "a justification?" that they don't charge the girls anymore for the hackles the tyers. (I wonder what the dying fee was???) Having taught Middle School for 33 years, I can tell a whopper when I hear one. I had been buying my summer tying supplies and had about $100+ of hooks, beads, etc., which I placed on the desk and informed him he could reshelve these also after hours, also. By the way, I happened walk down to BRF's(:>)
    Does anyone remember a few years ago, when everyone was asking us to support our local flyshops and not the big boxes!! It works both ways! BTW, I almost always buy items that are variable- hackles, etc. in person or talk to the shop on the phone.
    Last edited by Kytroutbum; 04-12-2012 at 06:37 PM.