Spots from spot one.

Spot two.

Spots from spot two.

Spot three.

Spots from spot three.

Spot four.

Spots from spot four.

Spot five.

The spots on the 18" rainbow that I caught at spot five quickly ended up back in the river after he wiggled free before I could take his pic.

There were several other spots caught in the spots above, and there were a couple other spots that gave up some spots.

When all was said and done, after five hours on a beautiful little river a warm spring day, had about twelve in hand out of sixteen hooked, mostly bows with the one cutt and a couple browns.

Saw the most prolific March Brown hatch I have seen anywhere, and one of the better mayfly hatches I have seen, period. But only one fish up. Thinking I need to have some nymphs, wets, and dries for that hatch the next time I head that way.

John
    The fish are always right.

Exactly what is your position with the Montana Chamber of Commerce or is the Tourism and Travel Commission?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Arrow Since you asked ...

... it's not about promoting Montana and / or Idaho, it's about promoting fly angling.

... it's not about the where, it's about the why.

... it's not for the people here or who can come here, it's for the people who will never have the chance to see or fish this part of the Intermountain West, and those who have visited but can only return in their memories.

...it's not for local commerce and tourism, it's for FAOL and making it a more attractive place to visit.

John
    The fish are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    ... it's not about promoting Montana and / or Idaho, it's about promoting fly angling.

... it's not about the where, it's about the why.

... it's not for the people here or who can come here, it's for the people who will never have the chance to see or fish this part of the Intermountain West, and those who have visited but can only return in their memories.

...it's not for local commerce and tourism, it's for FAOL and making it a more attractive place to visit.

John
    Mission accomplished...but don't stop posting!!
    I'll probably never get there, but I DO enjoy your posts & pictures!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Enjoyed the spots!
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

I have always wanted to fish the waters you visit... maybe one day I will maybe not, but I can on here thanks to your reports, they also inspire me as well ...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread