This is a Batson RX7 blank. The lady that ordered this one wanted a rod for her grandson to commemorate his attainment of the rank of Eagle Scout. She also wanted a grip made with the antler and bark. So, I made a cottonwood bark grip and framed the bark with Moose Antler. The seat is Lignum Vitae and came out a pretty good match for the grip. The butt cap has the Scout emblem on it. In front of the grip, I did a graphic that has the young man's name on it with the Eagle emblem and the Order of the Arrow emblem over a stylized Scout Law. I wanted this to be a classy rod so I wrapped the guides in olive, no CP, tipped with ProWrap Gunsmoke metallic which has a bit of a green cast to it. The look is very subtle but pops nicely in the sun. I also tried something a bit different for alignment marks, tiny trout decals. I think they came out great!

I waited to post this as it was to be a gift and I didn't want to give anything away. Colton received it on a Thursday and put it to work the next Saturday.