+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dang gone JohnScott reports... :-)

Default Dang gone JohnScott reports... :-)

Last time I was looking at one of his reports, I had the next day off.. the weather was calling for colder and windy... But after looking over his report and the snow and ice and cold I thought, so, if he can go so can I...
    It was windy, the temp had dropped, no one else was fishing any where I saw... I was alone fishing...

Wound up fishing first up in the hills.. At a place that looked like this...

catching these nice little guys...

then came down out of the hills, fished in a place that looked like this...

Catching some of these guys...

Now I'm reading his reports again today, and am off tomorrow, and theres a stretch of water I have been wanting to try for along time... Don't know if I will go, but I do enjoy his reports..... they almost always get me thinking...
    Last edited by Grubb; 04-09-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Very different spots...very different fish...all EXCELLENT!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Thanks FishnDave , that trip was fun, but not at first, after I hiked in to the first stream, it was cold and the wind was gusting, it took some adjusting to cast in between the gust, but I kept thinking if JohnScott can adjust I should at least stick with it and try.. I"m glad I did, once adjusted I did start catching some Brookies, then after that I hiked back out (and it was late), but decided to go to a low land stream where there was more room to cast, and just enjoy casting and being on the water. the first rainbow was a surprise! I was like dang look at this Brookies and rainbows in the same day...lol I was excited, the secound rainbow danced on the water 3 times for me! I was like, man ya just cant beat this and to think I wasnt gonna fish cause of the cold and wind... dang gone JohnScott reports...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Lightbulb Tough duty ...

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
    ...It was windy, the temp had dropped, no one else was fishing any where I saw... I was alone fishing...

Wound up fishing first up in the hills.. At a place that looked like this...

catching these nice little guys...

... but somebody has to do it. Glad you were up to it, Tim.

John
    The fish are always right.

Good stuff, Tim. I imagine you parked at Fisher's Gap to get to the falls, otherwise it's a LONG LONG way from the bottom (on the other side of Skyline from you, no less). One of my favorite streams, and incidentally one where I've seen the most bears.

Marty

What a great outing. Nice brookies and rainbows to make the day. The wonderful scenery completes the picture. Very nice, and by the time you're back home, you don't remember the cold or the chills, they somehow seem to add warmth to the memory. Nice report.

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

+ Reply to Thread