+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Started

I'm over in Mountain Home. I was born in Soda and still have family in that area but I grew up in Boise. We moved down here a few years back and stayed. I try and get out for a fishing day every week or so but I can usually work my schedule around. If your coming over this way anytime let me know and we could probably get out on some water someplace between Boise and Rigby and put a few different rods in your hands to try out and see what you think.

Paul
    Tenkara-Fishing

Ok, is an absolute minimum, but it works for me. I got a 10' Breambuster from Cabela's put on 12' of 20lb dacron backing for line and 3' of 6lb fluro leader. It works! The whole thing is about $25. It may not be elegant, but it fits my purposes.
    Sometimes the other ones go away, but I'm always right here.

greenlantern,

I don't think anyone has ever said that equipment won't work. A few of us on the forum here started out about the same way. If you like it, at some point it really would be worth upgrading at least to a Fountainhead Caddis Fly 330 (about $45). Lighter, more sensitive, able to cast a lighter line (and still cheaper than a tank of gas).

Until then, though, welcome and post your experiences as you explore the world of tight line fly fishing. (The original meaning of "tight line" was not having a fish on the end but that the line was tied tightly to the rod tip, as opposed to a "running line" which was loose to run through the rings - what we now call guides).
    Tenkara Bum

Default My Best Streams

Best way to get into Tenkara Fishing, is to go back to the source.... Japan

The "My Best Streams" has been on the Internet since 1997, created and continually updated by Yoshikazu Fujioka

below is the url of just one of the many pages on his site......

http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/amago/b-strea...g/tenkara.html
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

+ Reply to Thread