Got out 2 weeks ago and caught a few; weather's been perfect so I called up another retired govvy and we hit the river. Little bit cool and breezy but we had some high clouds for a good part of the day and fish were caught, although not the best day I've had there. First time shad fishing for my partner so I gave him the back of the boat and made sure his skunk was off before I hooked any (gotta love that Griz hat)

Didn't have the river to ourselves but folks spread out and there were no observed incidents of typical butt-headedness

Back on shore at the end of the day

Ended up with 15-20 between us, including a couple nice pregger hickories, 1 whitie and a catfish (first on a fly here for me). Only down note was that Paula, the wood nymph who worked the dock for years and graced it's patrons with fanciful stories of fishing and life on the river (actually every other word out of her mouth was either the "S"-bomb or "F"-bomb; didn't matter if she was talking to old farts like me or families with kids) has apparently "retired", although how someone who lives off the land (she either trapped or caught what she ate and was not adverse to, at the very least, giving road kill the once-over) retires is a mystery.

Regards,
Scott