Thread: input on pattern

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    ... spoof85 wasn't asking for constructive criticism or advice, he says -

"anyone know what kind of fish this would be good for? i was just messing around and came up with this... tie it, try it, let me know!"

If he had asked for constructive criticism, I would have not responded at all or I would have given him some constructive criticism. He asked what kind of fish would the fly be good for. I still think the best chance that fly has is with blind, dumb, and starving fish.

In the meantime, I don't see any responses from you on this thread giving spoof85 any of your ideas about what kind of fish this would be good for, and I don't see you giving him any unsolicited constructive criticism or advice. I am wondering if you have made note of this fly so you can tie some up and give them a go at an early date, kind of like spoof85 asked of the BB members. Maybe you can let us all know how you do with it.

In case spoof85 is not spoofing, my suggestion to him as a relatively new fly fisherman and fly tier, assuming he has an interest in catching fish, is to stick with established patterns or experimental flies based on the study of fish foods, as described by Byron in his post. He may learn / develop some valuable fly tying skills by "messing around" at the vise, but that is a whole different subject.

John
    Your right you dont. I have no idea what kind of fish that fly would be good for so I chose not to respond instead of making rude comments. It is called being an adult.
    Last edited by fish4trout; 04-06-2012 at 09:36 PM.