+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decisions Decisions

I've never used it, but I am interested to know exactly what it does that other waxes do not?

I use Loon's low-tack Swax for touch-dubbing and it seems to work just fine.

Nothing, but there's a mystique about it that drives the market. Wonder Wax has its fans, but there are a lot of other solutions.

Considering how few techniques actually require wax, never quite understood the brouhaha.

Blog Entries

If you ever tie full-dress Atlantic patterns good wax is a must... WW has no equal for many applications and many of the things done with it cannot be matched with waxes currently on the market... And no secret blends that have been touted on the internet come close IME&O.

It is the combination of sticky enough and non-drying that make it hard to match

If you were wondering what Wonder Wax does?? Look on you tube and watch the Guy tye the a one feather flatwing streamer and repair and prepare a set of junglecock eyes with WONDER WAX!! PS the guy who made Wonder Wax is now fishing fishing from the other side of the boat,NO MORE WONDER WAX! Fishin' Jimmy

Blog Entries

Did you know him? I remember in the 80's my local fly shop guy seemed to know him. He implied (way back then) that the guy may have been "sent away". Know anything about that?

I guess I am just cheap but I use some stuff I "found" at work. It is the waxy stuff people use on their fingers when going through papers or counting money..... It works great for fly tying and lasts forever. It is called SORTKWICK.... the empty little containers also make great storage for hooks ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    Did you know him? I remember in the 80's my local fly shop guy seemed to know him. He implied (way back then) that the guy may have been "sent away". Know anything about that?
    Bryon
    NO I never met the Guy. Did you ever use his fly Line Cleaner, it was in a small Green ( same color as wax container) Tin about sakes size as Walkins Sauve was in? Fishin' Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    Glenn Overton, maker of WW, lived in Binghamton, NY. He moved to Montana and some of the last tubes of WW have Libby, Montana as an address. There was speculation several years ago that WW may be produced again but that didn't happen. If 'Fishin Jimmy' means that Mr. Overton has passed away, I guess the secret of his formula will remain just that. Fortunately, my stock of the wax will never dry up.

Allan

+ Reply to Thread