I am currently working on one right now as outlined in Rodmaker mag. for a shop in Montana. The handle is carbon fiber with a size 16 grahite spin seat. Handle and reel seat are mounted on thin wall alumunum tubing with female ferrules mounted in both ends so that the handle can be flopped around for either style. The blank is 7'6" 4/5 wt with the length of the handle/seat cut off from the bottom of the butt piece of the blank. That piece was the ferruled to fit the ferrules in the handle. I then set up the rod using the 27x NGC method for spinning rods with flexlite SF guides. The reel is 1000 series shimano spin reel. Test casting with this reel and set up have given good results both as spin rod and fly rod. It casts 1/16-3/8 oz. lures very nicely and will cast a 4 wt WF line 40+ feet decently. The rod does work better as a spin rod but would definetly use it fly casting. I am going to wrap the guides and finish next week and then go use it to see what it can really do. Will post pics when done.