+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lochsa

Arrow Lochsa

Still some snow to contend with getting to the river.

In fact, there were very few places where it felt safe to even try getting to the water. But where I could, it was in great shape.

The run I chose to fish is really deep and fairly fast. Getting a nymph or two down deep enough was problematic. And futile.

However, and as much as I hate to admit it, swinging the big nymphs down and across finally hooked up my first Idaho West Slope cutt for 2012.

There will be more !! And on dries soon enough.

John
    The fish are always right.

Cool photos...lol Thanks again for the reports, if all goes well today I'll be having some of your fun in my area...
    I tried to get the stuff to tye one of them flies you been useing but didnt write down the stuff I needed thought it so simple and I got the wrong stuff... lol I couldnt get that type of floss and tried use something else but the rubber leg material i got was to big... please keep up the reports I always enjoy them and I hope you have a great day today.........
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

I agree, excellent pics John! Looks just like Iowa...except for the clear water, rocky stream, mountains, pine trees, cutthroat trouts...
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Thanks John, I did have a very good outing, went up in the moutains, hiked in, caught some very nice brookies on a beatiful stream with water falls, came back down, went to a flat land stream very near by and landed some nice rainbows. Had a couple rainbows dance for me on the water, that was way cool! I was waorn slap out, had a great day and slept like a baby that night.... Please keep your reports coming! oh and if you eat out there I'd like to know what you carry with you..
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Thanks John, I know most of those spots, interesting to see them with snow on the banks!

Z

Those are some very pretty pictures John

Steve

Blog Entries

John Scott

The Lochsa, is she in Montana, and how far from the AB boarder??
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Beautiful thread John! The colours on that first fish are great. And some challenging conditions to deal with just to get to cast the fly makes for a very rewarding day on the water. With the changes in the water level occuring right now you have to be on your toes and each trip find the fish anew. Well done.

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

They are some very healthy looking fish as well...

Good looking fish John, nice report....
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread