Does anybody here have experience with this?

I have a small Aliner camper with a 75 amp hour marine battery (will upgrade to 100AH when I replace). Now that I know my usage patterns with it, I have rejected going the solar route and am looking at the Honda EU1000 generator for recharging the battery on longer boondocking stays.

I'm wondering what the best way to use this generator is?

I can recharge via 12V DC direct to the battery. This output is not controlled to shut down when the battery is recharged if done that way. The generator puts out 8 Amps/96Watts at 12V DC.

Or I can plug my battery charger into the generator's AC outlet and hitch that up to the battery. The generator's 120 V AC output is 7.5A/900W. the battery charger puts out 6A at 12V, then goes down to a trickle charge when it reads the battery as being fully charged.

Which is best?

My electric consumption when boondocking in this camper is pretty low. I run a couple of LED interior light bulbs (1141 replacements) in the evenings for a total of 7.2W. My furnace operates on LP gas, but the electric demand for the fan is 41W. If it is warm, I might also run a 3A FanTastic vent fan for a max of 15 minutes/day. I think I am good for at least 2 nights on my current 75AH battery before recharging. If anyone has experience with a similar situation, I'd love to hear how long I would need to run the generator to recharge it after this. Or how often I should run the generator to recharge.

Many thanks!

Brad