OF...

The charger I use is a "Durabuilt Smart battery Charger." I recall that being about a $75 thing. I'm sure there are lots of similar ones out there. Re Altitude: The EU1000 owners manual says even with carburetor modification, engine horsepower will decrease about 3.5% for each 1000 ft altitude gain. Don't know how that actually affects electrical output.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
The EU2000 puts out 13.3 amps. But my battery charger puts out only 6A. Does that mean I would be recharging for the same time with either generator?
Brad
Yes. Your battery charger probably draws about 1 amp or less at 120v. Keep in mind the DC output of your battery charger is at 12v, since power (Watts) = volts * amps, 6 amps at 12 volts is 72 Watts, which is the same as .6 amps at 120v.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
Is there an advantage as regards the generator's life span in using up only 45% of the generator's output with the 2000 versus 80% with the 1000?
Brad
Dunno. But I decided that another reason to use the charger rather that the DC output of the generator is that the EU2000 owner's manual says if you use the DC output, you should turn OFF the EcoThrottle feature (so the generator runs at full speed). When I plug in my charger, I run with the EcoThrottle ON at much lower engine speed.

Wrt the carburetor jet modifications... I recall that if you go for the higher altitude jet, you can improve efficiency, but you then CANNOT run the engine at lower altitude or it can damage the engine. So be sure you're not going to use it lower than speced.

Also, you should contact Zackdog. He's got this down to a science, and I know he upgraded the carburetor jets on his EU2000. I think he just plugs his camper/converter into the generator, but he also charges his trolling motor battery.

Good luck!