SO I got myself sunburned while carving on the porch of the cabin. So it's time to go fishing! I had heard about a little pool just off the county rd that is supposed to have a few brookies in it. I find the pool and see the fish. Now, how to get around the brush? My little 6' #3 bamboo rod should be perfect. The ground is steep around this part of the pool so I gingerly start around... WHOA! GRAB THAT FRICKIN' ASPEN SAPLING, DUMMY!

OK I'm stopped. Is the rod OK? Yep. Still can't reach that hole and that stupid fish is jumping to taunt me. I need to be just over there but I can't get there from here. Come to think of it, can I get anywhere from here? Less than a month shy of 60, overweight, out of shape, at 9000' elevation and 30' of 45* slope to climb that is covered with pine needles and slicker than snot on a glass door knob. Grab this sapling. Step on that rock. Other way around... Move rod ahead a little. Do it all again. Made it! Catch my breath. Watch fish thumb it's nose at me. Throw rock at fish. Miss with that, too. Go back to truck and back to cabin.

I wonder if I can get to that hole from the other side of the creek? It wasn't quite as steep.