+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SE Idaho Fly Tying Expo ...

Lightbulb SE Idaho Fly Tying Expo ...

... April 20 & 21, 2012.

Follow the link for details on this outstanding annual event in Idaho Falls ID.

http://www.srcexpo.com/Default.aspx?tabid=5200

John
    The fish are always right.

Just a reminder.
    The fish are always right.

I will be there Saturday morning 8 to noon.

As will I. I'm tying Friday (tomorrow) from 8-4:30 and then conducting a fly tying and tactics workshop on fishing spring creeks on Saturday afternoon. Hope all who can will stop by and say "HI".

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

We will be dragging ourselves into Idaho Falls Sunday afternoon on our way home to Livingston, MT. You'd think one of these years we'd be there in time to get some photos of our FAOL folks attending.....
    Hope everyone has a grand time, the schedule is certainly impressive!

It was another good show, probably a little bit lighter attended than previous years. Pick your reason. Economy, other local competing events, too good weather. The preliminary numbers from the auction looked good though, and though I'm not privy to the big picture, I'd say they did very well. I had the personal pleasure of sharing a table with Brian Chan and Phil Rowley, who were there doing workshops. They had a long way to come to get here, and a lot of it was by automobile, so their efforts were appreciated. Visited with Kelly Glissmeyer and Joni (the fly goddess)and learned some new stuff. I'm sure there were other FAOL'ers there that I don't know. You'd better bump your moving schedule up a day or two Deanna. I think you and Neal would enjoy yourselves.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

I had a great time, met a lot of wonderful people and one of my highlights was meeting and watching Marv Taylor tie his favorite patterns. If you don't know of Marv, he is an Idaho legend and creator of numerous stillwater patterns. Also, he was a long-time contributor to this site and you ought to go back and read his articles in the archives - great stuff! Do a search on the FAOL homepage for Marv Taylor and hang on, you're in for a great ride!

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread