Thread: I carefully re-read the bylaw...

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default I carefully re-read the bylaw...

...for the Middle Tennessee Chapter (MTC) of Creek Chubs Unlimited (CCU), and it didn't say anything about any species requirements for club officers. Therefore I wish to officially enter my name as a candidate to run for president of the MTC of CCU.

My credentials are excellent. On the rare occasions when I do catch a fish, it is generally small enough to count as a "minnow" regardless of actual species.
    Although I sometimes accompany friends who are trout fishing, what I do seldom could be construed as trout fishing. (Just ask Kaboom1).
    hNt has not only been seen to trout fish (upstream and dry) but to brag about it as well.
    When word of Miss Betty's, Black Hills Rainbow Creek Chubs first surfaced, hNt displayed little or no interest in our attempts to organize a trip to fish for such a fine and exotic species of creek chub. No, he was heard to mutter something about "bluelining for brookies". !
    I have caught creek chubs on dough balls, worms, mealworms, dry flies, wet flies, streamers, nymphs, spam, and Taco Bell (tm) leftovers.

I protect our prized and beloved resource. Not only do I almost always used barbless or de-barbed hooks, my releases are so prompt as to have other anglers questioning whether I actually caught any fish or not.

Since our bylaw has nothing to prevent a sincere toad from running for office, I shall do so.
    (I'm also seeking this board's Swamp Witch endorsement.)

Warm(water) regards,
    Ed
    Current VP of the MTC of CCU.
    Last edited by EdD; 03-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.