Thread: Line Testers Wanted

Threaded View

John,
    If you read the book, "Tenkara" that is co-authored by Mikasa Ishimura (a casting instructor and guide on Team Japan), it states that Furled Lines are superior (especially for fishing Tenkara). It will present the Fly very lightly on the water . If you want, I can post some of the Line construction specification that is in the book. These lines certainly can be used in other styles of Fly Fishing such as Bamboo etc. with great effectiveness. Certainly Kaboom 1 might or could have posted the line specification for this Furled line of his, but that means that anyone could have taken these specifications and built their own lines (why not, I have done it; as well as leaders, etc) I do feel that Kaboom 1's Line is worth giving it a test (what do you, or I have to lose ???). I ask the same in regards to many of my Fly patterns. I want them to be tested by others before I put it on market !!!!!!!!! Certainly, people who would go out of their way to ask others the test their Lines, fly patterns, rods, etc. for free before putting them on the market are a lot mor honest then those that just go with their own test (whether it works or not) put it on the market, and tout it as "DA BOMB" or whatever marketing words you want to use.
    Last edited by MR.JML; 03-25-2012 at 03:33 PM.