+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Line Testers Wanted

Hybrid View

Default Line Testers Wanted

As you may or may not know, I make furled leaders. I recently got a request for a furled Tenkara line. I have never fished a Tenkara rod, so I am going to ask the experts for a little help. I have furled 4 different lines in different configurations, with different materials. All lines are 10' 6" long. I would like to send the lines to 4 of you that fish Tenkara to evaluate for me.

Here is what I would like. When the lines arrive give each of them a workout, and send your findings/opnions to me in the form of an e mail, After you are done with the lines, send them to the next person on the list. The last person will send them back to me.

For your trouble, I will send each of you the line of your choice in your choice of color free of charge.

If you want to play, post a reply here, and send me a PM with your mailing address. The first 4 folks that post here will be the ones that I will use.

One more thing...plese do not sign up if you are not willing to test these lines soon after they arrive and send them on to the next person on the list ASAP. I don't care if you just lawn cast them, fishing them is not required.

Remember the first 4 get to play!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

I'm in. Sounds fun. PM sent.

I to fish furled lines and have not found just the right formula for my tenkara rod. I would really like to test some different ones. Count me in.

I fish Graphite, Bamboo, and Just started Tenkara. I am very interested in your Leader construction. PM me please !!!

I am going to leave this up until Monday to see if one more Tenkara fisherman wants to play. If not, I will go with the three that have Pm'ed me. I thought more of you Tenkara guys would like to try a different line, but I guess not...

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom1 View Post
    ...I thought more of you Tenkara guys would like to try a different line, but I guess not...
    Perhaps if you gave a description of the materials, colors, configurations, and proportions of each of the lines, more people would express interest.

It would give potential testers some idea of whether or not any or all of the lines might work on the particular rod or rods they have.

And you might get some feedback independent of your test that might be useful to you. Like "Been there, done that, and won't go back." Or "Wow, that sounds cool, I'm in." Or maybe just some suggestions for alternatives.

John
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread